Tuesday, March 12, 2013

System Wait Events Part 1

Before I go too much further with the blog, I have to do some housecleaning!  Back in August I had realized that a post went missing, so I put the URL into a draft and saved it to come back to and last week I was looking for that article......but I had never come back to it to re-write the article!  That's bad on me in general, and more specifically this post and the one last week have gone without a true origination and credit which bugs me quite a bit.

After upgrading to Exadata with 11.2.0.2, we started running into sessions hanging in the "inactive transaction branch" which were running statements over a DB link to an instance running on 10.2.0.4.  A quick search lead me to this page which not only suggested a fix (patching didn't actually resolve it), but also a way to look into our systems which is proactive and at a deeper level than we had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment