Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Supplier issue in Expense Report Import

This post will run closer to the type of things I deal with daily, and hopefully will be helpful to everybody out there that runs into the same type of problem!  Our business ran the Expense Report Import, just like they usually do every day, but encountered the following error message on this run:

Next import invoice: 6196224
Getting work location address
Validating vendor
Getting Create Sites Error...
BEGIN  AP_UTILITIES_PKG.AP_Get_Message(:msgbuf_err); END;
This Site name already exists for this supplier.  
Re-enter.
APP-SQLAP-10916: apiivs/3:ORA-20001: APP-SQLAP-10357: This Site name already exists for this supplier
Cleaning allocated memory

In my research on My Oracle Support I found and used the following Oracle notes:

Expense Report Import Errors With APP-SQLAP-10916: apiivs/3:ORA-20001: APP-SQLAP-10357 [ID 1228868.1] - this was more on point and useful
"Expense Report Import" Is Finishing In Error When No Purchasing Sites Available For Supplier [ID 1351417.1]

Which helped me understand that I had to run this script to find the expense information in question:

select * from ap_expense_report_headers_all
where report_header_id = 6196224

That lead me to the supplier information from the expense report:

select a.* from po_vendors a, ap_expense_report_headers_all b
where a.vendor_id = b.vendor_id
and b.report_header_id = 6196224


Then I was able to use this script to find the supplier site information:

select a.* from po_vendor_sites_all a, ap_expense_report_headers_all b
where a.vendor_id = b.vendor_id
and a.vendor_site_id = b.vendor_site_id
and b.report_header_id = 6196224


With the information we've gathered at this point, we know that the supplier site has been end dated for the OFFICE site that the Expense Report Import expects to be open when it runs.  Having the business remove the end date via the application allowed them to re-run the Expense Report Import without any further issues!

1 comment:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and now when a comment is added I am four emails with the exact same comment. Is there any way you are able to get rid of me from that service? Thanks! in-process quality inspectors

    ReplyDelete