Saturday, June 1, 2013

Do you love being in Support?

In more of an editorial vein, I read this great article from Pythian about how much the author loved being a DBA and how it should be something aspired to since the industry is not shrinking with demand being so high.  I think the sentiment is exactly on point, and if we look at the list they link to in the top 25 are: Software Architect, DBA, Software Developer, IT Consultant, Systems Administrator, Systems Developer, and Programmer Analyst.  This isn't to say that you need to be in one of these categories over the other because it's higher in the list, but you need to build a career path along the lines of what you are interested in and what suits your skills.

I love being where I am job-wise and company-wise since I get the chance to take parts of several of these "top 25" jobs and put them into my own blender, stay on the cutting edge of technology, and craft my own career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment