Tuesday, April 15, 2014

R12: Filling up the $APPLTMP directory

The other day we had our mount volume monitoring went off indicating that we had a mount starting to fill up, and they were a bunch of randomly named files all with the extension of .t for some reason.  So off to My Oracle Support our DBA went to create a ticket and the answer came back that we should look at note 730342.1 for "Files Get Created In The $APPLTMP Directory And Fills The Drive" to take the requested actions to resolve this issue.  While yes following this advice will help get us out of the weeds, I think is a band-aid for what the root cause might be.  I'll follow up with more on that when I research it a bit more, and maybe another issue I might have caught while investigating this.  :}

No comments:

Post a Comment