Monday, April 7, 2014

Trying to commit and getting ORA-25408 instead

Today finds me needing to change data in QA as part of a project, and running what I was asked to I received this error back when I went to issue a commit:

ORA-25408: can not safely replay call

Obviously I thought something was wrong with what they were doing with their project, until I was asked what user I was connected to the database as.  Switching from one schema owner to the other, even though the original had access to read the data (and I thought write as well), I ran the same command then issued my commit.  No problem.  Interesting!  The ORA-code website suggests that maybe I lost my connection while trying to do the commit, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense even though that could be the final answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment