Sunday, April 22, 2018

COLLABORATE18: Pre-Day

Hello faithful readers, I have returned to regale you with stories of the OAUG COLLABORATE conference for 2018!  I will try to start returning to some kind of regular blogging this year, but we will see how it goes.  :}

Workflow SIG Meeting - Why Won't My Workflows Purge!?!?!?!? - Karen Brownfield (@BrownfieldKaren) and I

Karen put together the presentation for this session which pulled together a lot of what she has done, things I have done, and even things that former SIG Chair John Peters has done over the years, so it was really awesome to see things come together like that. I'm going to change what I do a bit this year, and NOT detail everything little thing I see in a session, BUT I will post some of her tips and tricks later this year because some of them were really good, and deserve their own spotlight.

EBS SysAdmin SIG Meeting - James Marrow (@jjmarrow) and I

Brandy Robert w/Oracle from Proactive Support had a really great presentation for us!
Are you using Online Patching Log Analyzer Utility for ADOP?  What about Online Patching Diagnostic Reports for ADOP too?
Check out 1901242.1 for ADOP diag information.
Of course there is always 432.1 on MOS.  :}
There are changes to analyzers detailed in 1939637.1 to allow them to autoupdate!

Database SIG Meeting - Michael Brown (@MichaelBrownOrg) and I

News about a new EBS Advanced Architecture and High Availability SIG coming out!
Santiago Bastidas from Oracle had a presentation on licensing EBS on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
EBS - BYOL (Bring Your Own License), only PROD instances, still pay yearly support
Cloud - subscribe to basic IaaS services
Differences between BYOL for app server EE on Compute, BYOL DB EE on Compute, BYOL DB EE to DB Cloud Services, and Exadata Cloud Service
Cloud pricing = automation + infrastructure + (licensing) but (licensing) gets waived with BYOL

No comments:

Post a Comment