Monday, July 22, 2013

Blog spotlight: Steven Chan's EBS blog

Quite a while ago, I threatened to start spotlighting blogs I follow but this week I'm going to do better than just spot light a blog; I will share with you each day a different article, which has given me food for thought, taught me something about Oracle technology or just showed me how to be a better blogger.

If you aren't following Steven Chan's EBS blog, you need to! There are SO many snippets of good information that come out of this blog, that I eventually signed up to get the e-mail digest when a new post has gone up that day and I regularly send the information out to my team so we can all stay informed.

Recently we had a problem which we thought might be a load balancer or the firewall, so to My Oracle Support we went to try and find out what was happening.  To my surprise several articles linked back to this post from 2007 on Steven's blog that very simply details out the interaction between loopbacks, firewalls, virtual IP, and load balancers which is so useful it is still a reference documentation Oracle uses today SIX years later!

No comments:

Post a Comment