Monday, July 29, 2013

OAUG Connection Point - AppsTech - Day Minus 1

Got into Pittsburgh last night without any issues for the OAUG Connection Point - AppsTech conference, and was ready for the pre-conference R12 workshop to get started today a little after noon local time.  This meant that I had some "free" time in the morning to walk around a bit, catch up on a few of my blogs, and work on getting my blog roll updated as well.  Mike Swing from TruTek presented part of his "the little r12.1.3 whole nine yards workshop" since we only had 4 hours, but I walked away really glad that we got the chance to be introduced to the upgrade process for R12!

I'm not a DBA by any stretch of the imagination, so since this was born in Mike's step-by-step self-documentation I think that some of it wasn't targeted for me but I could follow along and stay on top of what he was explaining to us.  It was really interesting to see how he presented in general, as well as on the topic at hand, so I did get a few pointers for my presentation on Wednesday also but the best was seeing some of his instances not behaving exactly as he predicted so we were getting troubleshooting with our "hands on" session too!  Good session as a warm up to the conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment