Friday, July 5, 2013

Blooming onions or bloom filters?

Another great article from the experts at Pythian, this time from Christo Kutrovsky, about join offloading and bloom filters with links to some articles on storage indexes and predicate filtering that I need to read in some detail as well.  If you're interested in any of this for Exadata, visit the article and read/click through because it is a really well thought out and presented write up on the topic.

I did learn something about the "cell_flash_cache keep" attribute for tables and the PX_JOIN_FILTER optimizer hint available to force the CBO to use join offloading; both of which I've never used, or seen used, so I feel like I got my money's worth (isn't it awesome that blogs are free?) especially if I can pass this along to some of our developers to help expand their awareness as well

No comments:

Post a Comment