Monday, October 14, 2013

Blog spotlight: Tanel Poder

Last month during the week long 12c spotlight, I promised that I'd be including one of the authors and for the blog spotlight this month I've picked Tanel Poder!  I "met" Tanel during the Hotsos Symposium in 2012 after attending one of his sessions, and his is one of several blogs that inspired me to join the blogosphere.

In this really great article, Tanel starts by explaining what direct path reads are, why they happen (or don't) in Exadata, and introduced us to a hidden parameter that seems to be documented in My Oracle Support.  While still a dangerous choice if you don't understand what the _serial_direct_read option will do to your environment, at least now we know about it and some of the associated documentation from MOS so we can open our own SRs referencing that to make sure what would work best in our own systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment