Tuesday, October 22, 2013

R12: Changing of the URLs

I told you about the Knowledge Transfer we had with our DBAs, and one of the items I stressed was that the URLs used by our population shouldn't be changed.  I was assured that they wouldn't change at all.  Imagine my surprise when it appeared that at least one did change.  :}

I had bookmarked our URL as http://server:port/OA_HTML/US/ICXINDEX.htm which was all fine and dandy until I had to clear my Internet Temporary Files out to test something else and then my bookmark stopped working.  It seems odd, but it's like there was a file locally which redirected to the real URL which was http://server:port/OA_HTML/AppsLocalLogin.jsp and MOS Note ID 306075.1 explains how the ICXINDEX.htm file is no longer supported with 11.5.10.2 yet doesn't explain why there was a local file doing the redirection while the server no longer supports the file existing now.  Additionally, it wasn't only Internet Temporary Files which canceled this out but also clearing out the local Java cache files on a PC since we that happen for another user also while trying to troubleshoot another issue.

So not only is this a heads up as to the repercussions of going to R12, but a friendly tip that you should be clearing all of your PC caches before testing out your URLs in the QA environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment