Friday, October 25, 2013

R12: Username,Description

In the Adjustment Approval form our business support partners had identified that data appeared to be missing, and when they went to add it back in they would receive the error message:

"This Username,Description does not exist"

I noticed that all three of the examples had an odd description format in FND_USER of "LNAME, FNAME" instead of "F. LNAME/DEPT" like everybody else had.  That being the case, I changed the description of FND_USER for the first employee record and had the business re-try their form.  It worked!  I changed the description for the other two records and the form worked for them, so I thought I was the hero and everything was done here.  I was wrong.  Our development team had taken my issue report and researched it before it was closed by management, and came across MOS article 740203.1 which talks about this very thing and the cause isn't the comma but blank spaces in the field!  By applying my "fix" what I did eliminated the blank spaces in the field, and as an accidental result, fixed the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment