Monday, December 23, 2013

The 10 days of Blogging past: Day 3

Continuing the 10 days of Blogging past feature, the post we will be reviewing today is "System Wait Events Part 2" from 10/17/12 with 71 views.  This is a bit of nostalgia for me, as this was one of my first real "serious" posts after we installed the Exadata platform in our environment and it has actually lead to some discussions with individuals from Oracle about the problem we encountered.  I can say that about no other blog post I've written, and while I fancy that maybe if I can share my thoughts and problems with my ever growing network of Oracle employees I can have some type of influence, maybe the sharing of this event will have that type of influence and help Oracle improve their design or systems in some way.  That's an incredible thought!

On another train of thought, looking at this post makes me think about better ways to format text with the Blogger tool.  Also, I think I've grown at explaining problems and giving attribution a whole lot better because this seems a bit rough around the edges plus I completely missed giving credit for this the first time around due to my inexperience.  This leads into another good tip: you need to start writing to find your voice, understand what your style is, allow your abilities to grow with time because none of that will happen if you don't start writing and sharing your passion.

On the technology front, when something like this happens it can rekindle your passion for learning and I know this had a similar effect for me as I started diving more into the ZFS, cells, and Exadata in general after this happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment