Monday, December 16, 2013

Date Formats and Oracle Alerts

I've been on an Oracle Alert kick lately with a few posts on the subject, and here comes another article with an different error message.  Looking for reports in Error leads me to find another Oracle Alert, but I can't see exactly what the issue is off hand because choosing the Verify option yields no errors.  When I choose Run, it is a different story as the alert gives me the following error message:

APP-ALR-04108: SQL error ORA-01850: hour must be between 0 and 23

Interesting to say the least.  What did I find?  Investigating further I found that the select statement for the alert is pulling in data from a table that has non-numeric characters and trying to apply a date format function to them which is making it so the alert will never run right.

No comments:

Post a Comment